The ACTC bus provides transportation during the fall and spring semesters between the Saint Paul campuses of Hamline, Macalester, St. Catherine, and St. Thomas, and the Minneapolis campuses of Augsburg and St. Catherine. There is no cost to ride the ACTC bus.
Current Bus Schedule
Fall bus service begins Tuesday, September 3rd. Bus delays due to inclement weather or traffic incidents can be significant. Please call the bus dispatcher at 651.451.1375 for an update on whether the ACTC buses are running late.
Use the mobile application to access schedule information, buses’ current location, and your tentative wait time. Scan the QR code below or visit m.stkate.edu/ms/actc on your mobile device.
Mobile app developed and maintained by St. Catherine University’s IT staff, with our thanks.
Want to see the (limited) desktop version? Visit m.stkate.edu/ms/actc/map.
Dates of Service 2013-14
The ACTC bus runs Monday through Friday during fall and spring semesters as indicated below. The ACTC bus does not run during January or summer terms.
Service begins January 13th, 2014 on all campuses. Service ends May 23rd, 2014. Buses will not run on January 20th (MLK Jr Day).
Bus service may be interrupted or canceled due to inclement weather.
Check WCCO.com, WCCO-TV Channel 4, or WCCO Radio 830 for information.
Dealing with Delays
- To find out whether a bus is late or when it will arrive at your stop, use the bus tracking application or call the Safe-Way Bus Company dispatcher at 651.451.1375.
- Transfers can be difficult when buses are late. Let your driver know if you plan to transfer between buses at St. Catherine’s. Our drivers can contact each other via radio and will accommodate transfers as well as possible.
- The ACTC bus is a free transportation service for students, faculty, and staff at Augsburg, Hamline, Macalester, St. Catherine, and St. Thomas.
- There is no cost to use the ACTC bus. Riders may be required to show a university ID card to prove eligibility.
- All buses are accessible. Passengers with accessibility needs should plan to follow the posted bus routes and do not need to make special arrangements.
- All buses are equipped with bicycle racks. Any passenger transporting a bicycle is responsible for securing it to the rack.
- Buses will not make unscheduled stops. (This ensures that our buses are on time and our riders are safe.)
The ACTC bus operates two routes to serve the five main ACTC campuses and the St. Catherine Minneapolis campus.
- Bus #1 travels the following route continuously from 7am to 6pm: St. Catherine Saint Paul campus to Macalester to Hamline to St. Thomas
- Bus #2 travels the following route continuously from 7am to 6pm: St. Catherine Saint Paul campus to St. Thomas to St. Catherine Minneapolis campus to Augsburg
- From 6:35 pm to 10:05 pm, Bus #2 travels continuously between St. Catherine’s Saint Paul and Minneapolis campuses. (This service is provided exclusively by St. Catherine University.)
- Augsburg (AUG): on 7th Street under the skyway between Lindell Library and Sverdrup Hall.
- Hamline (HU): New stop! on the south side of Englewood Ave across from the Anderson Center.
- Macalester (MAC): southeast corner of Grand Ave and Macalester St (at the Metro Transit stop).
- St. Kate’s Saint Paul campus (SCU-SP): at the south entrance of Butler Center.
- St. Kate’s Minneapolis campus (SCU-MPLS): at the corner of 26th Avenue S and 6th Street S, by the park.
- St. Thomas (UST): on Summit Avenue in front of Aquinas Hall.
Buses will not make unscheduled stops.
Questions about the bus schedule, delays, or lost & found: Call the Safe-Way Bus Company dispatcher at 651.451.1375.
For other questions, contact ACTC.